Rules of Thumb for Tall Bearded Iris: Minimum of 6 hours of sunshine per day. Good drainage Plant 7-12in apart. Divide every 3 to 4 years Fertilize late summer with a LOW nitrogen... read more »
Close this window
Tall Bearded Iris - Rules of thumb
Rules of Thumb for Tall Bearded Iris:
- Minimum of 6 hours of sunshine per day.
- Good drainage
- Plant 7-12in apart.
- Divide every 3 to 4 years
- Fertilize late summer with a LOW nitrogen fertilizer, 14-14-14 (or something similar)
- Fertilize in the spring with a high phosphorous fertilizer, 0-48-0 (triple super phosphate for root development)
- Don’t overwater.
- Don’t plant too deep
- Remove dead brown foliage and bloom-stalks when last flower folds.